Location: Lasell College, Gym, Room 101
Start time: 6:30
End time: 7:45
(Followed by draft)
Attendees: Jonah Mytro, Lynn Kerr, Jay Flynn, Samantha Lampert, Jeff Sinnamon, Mark Archibald, Daniel Chen (late – not present at votes before budget in notes below)
Absent: Jeffry Powell, Chuck Blake
Guests: Mark Robarts, Judy Katalina, Darcy Duke, Dave Castanon (late), Tom Olson, Bruce-RVC, new Salem State TD
Approval of Past Minutes
* Completed via email vote and posted minutes online
* Mark Archibald motions to approve
o Jonah Seconds
o For: Jeffry, Sam, Lynn, Daniel, Jeff S, Mark
o That’s a majority!
Reports
* NERVA Report
o Set up for online credit card payment next year
+ Dave Castanon suggests that we should discuss fees for next year ($1.30 a member per credit card)
+ Money comes through us, so we are not losing control over it
o Suggests we may want to increase paper membership fees for next year
* Treasurer Report – Jay Flynn, “On budget so far”
* Registrar Report
o Judy still needs a list of everyone who joins at each tourney (remind at draft later tonight)
o 1,250 full members, about 150 behind last year (excluding the Pierce)
* Ratings Report
o Men
+ Art Palmer and Dave Rind stepped down as committee members
+ Jeff Sinnamon and Jeffry Powell have joined
+ Looking for more
+ Have been sending out updates every two weeks
* Web Editor Report
o Working on online scramble registration page
+ Sam recommends Tom Sweeney checks in with MIT women’s club as to how they do theirs
o Available to make additions for weather updates, etc. to online team registration pages
* “Newsletter” Report
o 48% open rate on December’s newsletter
* GRC Report
o Scrambles
+ Last Coed did not run (not enough men signed up)
+ Men’s filled, women’s 8 teams
+ Last minute (Friday night) sign ups have continued to be an issue
# 10-12 new people
+ Daniel would like to take over as the scramble co-ordinator
+ Jan 12 scramble is cancelled
# We’ll have 3 in the next session
o Team organizers
+ Rita Cook will help organize women’s teams via Stray Cats
+ Lynn will follow up with her to see how its going
* Bylaws Committee Report - None
* Rick Pierce Award Committee
o Brian Kangas and Julie Robarts won
o Announcement was posted on bavp
Old Business
* Set 2008 Board Meeting Schedule
o 7:30 at Lasell
+ Jan 28
+ Mar 3
+ Apr 7
+ Meet in May if needed
* Assign a new tournament coordinator
o Jonah will look outside the board
* Championships
o Jonah working with Chet on gyms and dates
o Ratings Freeze Date Change?
+ Was March 15 last year
# Jeff S, Jay suggest leave where it is
# Discussion ends
* Stipend Adjustments
o Newsletter Stipend
o Blog Stipend
o Sam motions to separate the fee in two for the two separate positions
+ Jay Seconds
+ For: Unanimous
# Motion Passes
o Jay Motions to increase the stipend according to Jonah’s budget proposal and split that in half for each of the positions
+ Mark Archibald seconds
# For: Jay, Jonah, Mark, Jeff S, Sam
# Abstain: Lynn
* Motion Passes
* Vote on “OPEN” money and Hayson Group participation
o NERVA is on board with splitting the fee
+ Hayson Group will send contract to NERVA (Dave) and Jonah
+ Hayson Group will write the bid
+ NERVA and Yankee will split the $5,000 cost
o Jay Flynn motions to approve the money for the bid
+ Sam seconds
# For: Unanimous
* Vote on AVP money
o Jay says our budget is looking tight
o Jeff S motions to cut the $10,000 AVP expenses from the budget
+ Jay seconds
# For: Unanimous
* Motion Passes
* 2007-2008 final Budget Review and vote
o Jay suggests we table the discussion of Nationals gifts until we see where we are fiscally later in the year
o Jonah mentions we lose money on scrambles
+ Jeff Sinnamon thinks we run too many
# Yankee has decreased the number of scrambles to 3 for this next session
+ Jonah motions to approve the proposed budget without AVP or Nationals Gifts included
# Jeff S seconds
* For: Unanimous
o Motion Passes
* Planning Calendar for Board
o See handout; will be posted online
* Draft Rules/Policies review
o Handling of “special tournaments”, eg. Rick Pierce
+ “Special Tournaments” are currently Rick Pierce, Bean Pot, Baby Emily, Brenda Freese
+ Sam motions that any site running a Yankee approved special tournament does not lose it’s first round draft pick
# Mark seconds
* For: Sam, Daniel Jonah, Mark
o No: Jay, Jeff S
o Abstain: Lynn
+ Motion passes: rule will be changed
o Drafting one date rule
+ Suggested by Darcy that groups with one date could have their one date already on the calendar so people are aware of date/size/level – just so people are aware and not as an actual draft date
* Rick Pierce Tournament
o TD met the deadline that Jonah gave him regarding announcing accepted teams
+ Start times were not given out until late Friday night
o Tournament has existed for 35 years
* TD Cancellation issues per this past weekend’s snowstorm
o Members suggested there should be a cancellation guideline/policy in the TD handbook
o TDs should be calling captains or offering means of communication to captains/teams when a tourney is cancelled.
+ TDs should include their inclement weather policy with their contact information
# Jonah will email TDs regarding this issue and suggest that they have a clearly stated policy or procedure along with their contact information on the Yankee website
Pushed to next meeting:
o Proposal to raise offline membership fees for next year
+ Only simple memberships are online renewals
o Start planning ahead for online payment next year
o Per new calendar
+ Decide on Picnic
+ Decide on Nationals gifts
+ Reminder to order championships and MVP prizes
+ Review nationals mappings
Showing posts with label board meeting dec 17. Show all posts
Showing posts with label board meeting dec 17. Show all posts
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)